From Germaine Latonis' recipe collection.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups fresh zucchini grated
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour. Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix. Fold in nuts and cranberries/raisins, if using.
- Divide the batter equally between two buttered 5"x9" loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hours (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- OR 1 loaf plus 24 mini muffins (minis bake 25 minutes)