Great spice rub!
- Crock pot
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper have used chili powder instead
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme have used oregano or basil instead
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Stuff the chicken with the onions; place in the crockpot and set to Low all day long. (Or 4 hours on high)
Do not overcook – the bones will start to break down.