Small Batch Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
A small batch of Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks - makes 4 breadsticks - Recipe easily doubles.
- 1/4 cup water warm
- 1 tsp active yeast dry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- For the Butter Topping:
- 3 tbsp butter melted, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar in a medium bowl and stir a few times. Let the yeast activate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, oil and flour to the bowl and stir with a sturdy wooden spoon until a dough ball forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is pliable. Lightly grease a medium bowl and place dough ball in it. Cover and let double in size.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into 4 equal size balls. Roll the balls into ropes and place in a lightly greased baking pan or on a baking sheet. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small dish and brush the tops of the breadsticks. Lightly cover with a tea towel and let rise again until double in size.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (or until golden brown) in a 375 degree F oven.
- Combine the remaining 2 TBSP butter with other topping ingredients in a small bowl and brush over the breadsticks once they come out of the oven.