- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or less
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Sandwich buns spl
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine beef and onion. Cook until the meat is mostly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce ingredients over drained beef and stir until evenly coated. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally (cover if you prefer a sloppier Sloppy Joe). Serve in buns.