- 12 large shrimp
- 6 ounces provolone cheese cut into 12 strips
- ¼ cup green onions diced
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp or prawns. (To butterfly shrimp: Split shrimp down the center, cutting almost completely through.) Cut butterfly deep.
- Insert a strip of provolone cheese and 1 teaspoon of the diced green chilies into each shrimp. Fold over the shrimp and wrap with a half strip of bacon. Secure with wooden picks.
- Cook shrimp on grill, basting with your favorite barbecue sauce, until bacon is cooked and shrimp is pink.