Olive Garden Shrimp Christopher
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves about 2 bunches
- 10 ounces butter softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- Rest of the Dish
- 1 pound fresh linguine or angel hair pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp shelled
- Remove any large stems from basil and wash leaves. Shake off excess water and dry leaves with a paper towel. Place in a food processor, using the blade attachment process until finely chopped. Process in two batches if necessary to get uniformly chopped basil. Remove from processor and reserve.
- Place butter in small mixer bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip butter until pliable. Add garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, and basil; mix until well incorporated. Basil butter can be used immediately or stored covered in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Cook pasta according to directions; drain well and keep warm. Melt basil butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute just until done, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over hot, cooked pasta. Pass the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.