Very soft meatballs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley and basil, plus extra for topping
- ¾ cup panko
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- Whisk the ricotta cheese, egg and garlic together in a large bowl until combined and somewhat smooth. Add in the ground beef, parmesan, fresh herbs, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, dried basil and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture together until just combined, using your hands to bring it together as needed.
- Wet your hands slightly and roll the mixture into meatballs that are 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides - let them get golden and dark all around. Once browned, add the marinara sauce. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. You can also simmer them longer over low heat on the stove. Or throw them in the slow cooker with sauce once they are browned.
- Serve in sandwiches, with pasta, over salads or with vegetables. Top with extra parmesan and herbs.