- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans toasted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine first six ingredients (through salt).
- Place eight 6-oz. custard cups in a roasting pan. Divide pumpkin mixture among cups. Place roasting pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of custard cups. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until set
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together pecans and maple syrup.
- Remove custard cups from water. Cool slightly on wire racks. Spoon topping onto warm custard. Serve warm or chilled.