Pumpkin Cookies with Walnuts or Pecans
From Germaine Latonis' recipe collection
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin mashed or canned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp ginger)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in pumpkin and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices; stir to blend.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture; stir well. Stir in chopped nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1-inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake in upper half of oven for about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool..