Mrs. Sigg’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Create a checkboard top with a potato-masher.
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter, butter flavored shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and blend. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Measure out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make criss-cross pattern with fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 8-10 minutes until set, but not hard. Do not overbake. Leave on sheets for 2 minutes before removing. Cool, and store in covered container.