Over the Rainbow Mac and Cheese
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow noodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese Pizza blend or white cheddar, Monterey jack, provolone etc
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup processed cheese product such as Velveeta, cubed or shredded
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp season salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter.
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil with the sea salt and oil. Add the noodles and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool the pasta.
Place the cooked noodles in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over the pasta. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and mix well, then add the eggs. Add the cheese and mix thoroughly. Make sure the cheese is evenly mixed into the noodles. Transfer the noodles to the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle the dish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and top with the processed cheese product. Pour the half-and-half over the top. Bake the mac and cheese until it starts to bubble around the edges, 35 minutes. Serve hot.