Pat Russell's Apple Cake
From Germaine Latonis' recipe collection, originally from Mary Kay Willis.
- ½ cup shortening/butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 apples chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup golden raisins optional
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and vanilla.
- Spread dough evenly in greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Put apples on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with blend of 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter.
- Bake at 350.