Top Secret OLIVE GARDEN PASTA E FAGIOLI
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5- ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15- ounce can red kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15- ounce can great northern beans with liquid
- 1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 12- ounce can V-8 juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 pound 1/2 pkg. ditalini pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- About 50 minutes into the simmering, cook the pasta in 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until the pasta is al dente, or slightly tough. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large pot of soup. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more and serve.