Miracle One Hour White Bread
Also good for cinnamon swirl bread.
- 2 cups Very Warm Water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon heaping Instant Yeast
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 4 3/4 – 5 1/4 cups White Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Place warm water in large mixing bowl. Add yeast and stir. Stir in sugar and let proof (start to form a creamy foam) for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, flour, and salt. Begin by adding half of the flour. Start to mix using the dough hook. Add remaining flour until dough pulls away from sides of mixing bowl. Using Bosch or Kitchenaid, knead for 5 minutes at medium-high speed. If you don’t own a stand mixer, you can knead by hand.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with a dishtowel. Let rise in a warm place for 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Tip: If you live in a cold place, you may place in a warm oven. Set oven to 200 degrees, turn off, and then place dough in an ovenproof bowl in the oven and let rise.
- Place oil on hands and shape into two bread loaves. Spray loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Once bread is done, remove from oven and spread butter all over warm loaves. Let cool for several minutes before removing from pan.
- Spread butter and jam or honey on warm bread.
- May freeze bread or eat within 2 days.