Oatmeal Bread With Molasses and Honey
- 1 cup water boiling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/2 cup oats old-fashioned
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast sprinkled over flour
- Put the oats in a mixing bowl. Pour the 1 cup of boiling water over the oats, and set aside.
- When oats have cooled but are still a bit warm (about 105 F to 110 F), transfer them to the bread machine pan. Make sure they are not much hotter, or the heat could kill the yeast.
- Add the remaining ingredients according to your bread machine manufacturer's manual.
- Bake on light setting.
- The recipe makes a 1 1/2-pound loaf.