From Kathy. From Germaine Latonis' recipe library.
- 1 cup butter or margaine
- 1 12 oz package cream cheese
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ½ cups brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups nuts chopped such as walnuts or pecans
- 6 large eggs
- Mix together butter, cream cheese and flour as for pie crust.
- Line small muffin tins by patting in mixture.
- Fill ½ to ¾ full with nut filling.
- Beat eggs, add sugar gradually.
- Add melted butter and vanilla.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Bake in moderate oven 350* for about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Make about 8 dozens.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving if desired.