CHOCOLATE MINT TRUFFLES
- 1 3/4 cups 11.5-ounce package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup 6 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts toasted
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- PLACE milk chocolate and semi-sweet morsels in large mixer bowl. Heat cream to a gentle boil in small saucepan; pour over morsels. Let stand for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 35 to 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir just until color lightens slightly. (Do not over mix or truffles will be grainy.)
- DROP by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Shape into balls; roll in walnuts. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- After rolling chocolate mixture into balls, freeze for 30 to 40 minutes. Microwave 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels and 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Dip truffles into chocolate mixture; shake off excess. Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Finish by dipping and sprinkling with crushed candy cane.