CHOCOLATE MINT SNOW TOP COOKIES
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt, set aside.
- In a saucepan heat 1 cup of chocolate pieces over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar until combined. Add in melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and mint flavoring. Mix until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate pieces.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap.
- Freeze 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Shape dough into 1" balls; roll balls in powdered sugar. Place balls about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are crackled.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to wire racks; cool.