Lasagna Alfredo Roll Ups
Each roll is a serving! Also good subbing meat and spaghetti sauce for the spinach and Alfredo.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 21 ounces Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan over medium heat add oil and cook broccoli or spinach and green onions until tender, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and stir in ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and egg.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of waxed paper. Evenly spread some of the cheese mixture on each noodle. Roll up each noodle from the short end, jelly-roll style.
- In a 8×12 inch baking dish, spoon about 3/4 of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom and spread evenly. Arrange the rolled noodles, seam side down, in the dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted. Serve.
Optional: Use sausage and red sauce.