High-temperature, Herb-rubbed Eye-of-Round Roast
- 1 ¼ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3 pound eye-of-round roast
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Rub with spice mix and place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
- Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time!
- Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.