From Rosa's Yummy Yums
- 1 Cup 240g/ml – 250g/ml Water, lukewarm
- 2 Tbs 30g Unsalted butter, at room temperature and creamed
- 1 Egg ~63g
- 3 1/4 Cups 433g Plain white flour
- 1/4 Cup 53g Castor sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Instant yeast
- 1 Egg yolk + 1 Tsp water
- Sprinkle the yeast into the water and leave for 5 to 10 minutes, until frothy. Stir to dissolve.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured working surface and knead for about 10 minutes until you’ve made a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a clean and lightly greased bowl.
- Cover it with a towel and let rise for about 1 (or1-1/2) hour, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a flattened ball.
- Place the buns on greased baking sheets, cover with a towel and let rise 30 to 40 minutes, until they’re quite puffy and doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Glaze the buns with the egg yolk and water mixture, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the buns for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.