Grandma Minnie's Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) .
- Over a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in lightly beaten egg, cream, and vanilla. Blend well. Dough may be chilled, if desired. (Dough is more easier to work with when chilled.)
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle with sugar; cut into desired shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until delicately brown.