Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies Copy Cat by Lauren Clark
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter, vanilla, salt and sugar. Next, add well-beaten eggs, then milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Roll dough into ball, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Roll dough to 1/8", make trefoil cutouts, sprinkle sugar crystals on top, and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until just golden brown.