French Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup Butter without salt
- ½ cup Shortening household, soybean (hydrogenated)-cottonseed (hydrogenated)
- 2 cups Sugars powdered
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon butter flavored extract
- ½ cup Cream fluid, heavy whipping
- 4 tablespoons Wheat flour white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
- Mix heavy cream and flour in a small bowl. Heat the mixure in the microwave for 45 seconds on high. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, shortening, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract and butter extract.
- Using and electric mixer, beat on low until combined. Then beat on medium speed for 6-8 minutes.
- Next add the heavy cream mixture, and beat on medium speed for another 10 minutes. ( Mixture will appear soupy at first, but will become fluffy.)