Stephanie’s Freezer Spaghetti Sauce
This is a great sauce to make and freeze when you have a surplus of tomatoes from your garden! Grab your tomatoes and crock pot and you’re set! Beef lovers can add in a half pound of ground chuck for a ‘meatier’ sauce.
- Slow cooker
- 1½ onions chopped
- 1½ cloves garlic minced
- ¼ green bell pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tbsp dried basil
- 1½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 1½ tbsp white sugar
- ¾ tbsp salt
- 3/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker saute together the onion, garlic, green pepper, and vegetable oil. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, basil, parsley, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 hours on low heat. Stir frequently.
- Let sauce cool. Pour sauce into quart size freezer containers. Store in freezer.
- When ready to use sauce, stir in can of tomato paste.