Espresso with a French press
- 2 TBS coffee grounds
- 1 cup water
- Boil the water.
- Add the coffee grounds to the press and pour roughly half the water in your french press as well. Let it steep for one minute.
- Pour in the remaining water and stir it a bit. Steep for 3 minutes or more if you want a stronger brew.
- When you're done steeping, press down the plunger slowly and steadily halfway, then pull it back up, and plunge all the way down to finish up. This will create a layer of foam on top, replicating the crema that's present in a traditional espresso shot.
- To further resemble an espresso, pour your espresso through a paper or cloth filter, this may change up flavor.
- Pour out your delicious French press-made espresso into a cup and serve.
You can also preheat your cup to keep it warm for longer.