- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions chopped
- ⅜ cup olive oil
- 1 16 ounce can canned crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces buttery round crackers crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs or regular dry bread crumbs
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute green onions briefly until tender; cool slightly.
Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.
Serve with cocktail, tartar sauce, or mustard.
Crab Cake Cream Sauce
- ⅓ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice