Chicken With Mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place half of the mushrooms in a 9×13 inch pan. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. During last 10 minutes, top with mozzarella cheese.