Chicken Patchwork Pie
- 3 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- ⅓ c all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 c chicken broth
- ½ c milk or half-and-half
- 1 lb frozen vegetables
- 2½ c bite-sized cooked chicken
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400
- In sauce pan melt the butter. Stir in flour and pieces. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk. Bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables and chicken.
- Pour into baking dish (recommend (8) 1 cup dishes or (1) 2 quart dish)
- Fit pie crust over top of the filling, using leftover pieces where needed.
- Bake 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Option: Double the gravy and use a bigger dish.