Chicken and Sausage with Bowties
- 1 16 ounce package uncooked farfalle pasta
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ cup cream
- fresh mushrooms optional
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Wash chicken breasts and cut into large bite-size pieces. Cut sausages into large pieces. In a large, deep skillet over medium low heat, combine oil and garlic; and cook just enough to flavor the oil. Remove garlic from oil.
- Add chicken and sausage (and mushrooms) to skillet and brown both lightly until they are opaque. Add the tomatoes and the wine. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Season sauce mixture with basil, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. (Optional: Stir in 1/2 cup of cream.) Add cooked, drained pasta to the skillet mixture. Toss and serve.
Optional: Double the sauce.