EASY CAPRESE PASTA BAKE
- 1 10 ounce box Penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add noddles and boil for 5 minutes, then run under cold water to stop additional cooking.
In a bowl, combine cooked noodles, chicken, tomatoes, basil, 1 cup chicken broth, garlic, powder, garlic salt, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Pour remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Add noodle mixture and spread evenly in pan.
Top with sliced mozzarella cheese, covering the top as much as you can.
Drizzle top of casserole with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown.