Faye’s Pulled Barbecue Pork
- 6 pounds Boston butt roast
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- ⅛ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- Rub garlic, seasoning salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste onto roast.
- Place roast in a large Dutch oven and fill half way with water; add onion. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce heat simmer and let cook until meat falls off the bone. This should take at least 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the roast.
- Place hot roast in a serving bowl and pour on your favorite barbecue sauce. Stir until well blended. Serve on your favorite buns.