From Germaine Latonis' recipe collection.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups smashed bananas approx 4-6 bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 3425 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Combine bananas, oil, milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla in a large measuring cup or bowl with spout.
- Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the center and stir until just moistened, but still lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Stir in nuts. Divide into muffin tins.
- Put in oven and immediately reduce temperature to 375. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Rotate pan halfway through cooking. Check for doneness with toothpick.