Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 3.4 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.