Heidi Manzone's grandmother's recipe (she was raised in Scotland)
- 4-5 cups flour
- 1/2 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1 pound butter
- Mix together flour and sugar.
- Place half of the mixture on a baking board. Put butter in the center. Knead in the flour.
- Add remaining flour and knead until all of the flour has been incorporated.
- Pack into two large, or three small, pie pans, and prick with a fork.
- Bake at 275 for 45-60 minutes, until golden (but only slightly brown).
- Turn out of pans immediately.
You may want to score the raw dough with a knife before baking so that it will break in triangles, strips, or squares more easily once baked.