Apple Turnover Recipe
Use the homemade Puff Pastry for excellent results.
- 1 batch puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Roll the puff pastry out to a thickness of about 1/8-inch, and cut into 8 equal squares.
- Chill on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt, and saute until the apples are tender.
- When the filling has cooled completely, spoon a small amount into the center of each puff pastry square.
- Wet your finger with water and run it along 2 adjoining sides of the squares, then fold the squares over diagonally, forming triangles.
- Press carefully to seal the edges, and use a sharp knife to cut vents in the top of each turnover.
- Chill the turnovers in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the turnovers for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.