Amelia's Blueberry Cobbler
Note: This recipe has double the crust from the original.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1-⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix blueberries, orange juice, and 3 tablespoons sugar in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter over the blueberry mixture, covering as much filling as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles, 35 to 40 minutes.