30 Minutes Bread Sticks Recipe
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional seasonings – butter/ olive oil garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning
- Whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar, then let it sit for five minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Gently knead the dough until it is mixed well and soft. Form into a ball, then cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Place a pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet in a cooled oven, and then preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- On a floured surface, separate the dough into 8 balls, then roll each ball into an 8-inch rod. Transfer the breadsticks to the preheated baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake the breadsticks for 8 to 9 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden brown.
- You can eat them as is, or brush them with melted butter or olive oil and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and/or Italian seasoning.
If you don’t want to bake the dough immediately, you can cover it and refrigerate it for 24 hours. To freeze the dough, place dough in a large plastic bag (the dough will expand) for up to six months. To thaw, place the dough in the refrigerator overnight, then let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before forming the breadsticks.