Our go-to Christmas Eve dinner!
- Crock pot
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- cooked pasta
- Brown ground beef and sausage; drain off grease.
- Combine all ingredients, except pasta, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add water near the end if needed.
- Serve with pasta or on rolls.