- 2 split, 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 lemons, lemon halves reserved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Sliced lemon for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons – cut into wedges for garnish
Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap or waxed paper. Mix egg and water. Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat chicken with flour, dip into egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
Heat butter or margarine and oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from skillet using tongs; keep warm.
Stir lemon juice and wine into drippings in skillet. Heat to boiling; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, and serve with lemon wedges for garnish.