Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- 5½ c chicken stock/broth
- cooked chicken (preferred sticky chicken) or equivalent of 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon or small bunch of fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 14 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 6 tbsp flour
- ¾ c heavy cream
- Sautee mushrooms in butter for 5-8 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Add wine and bubble briefly, then remove from heat.
- In pot, bring stock/broth to boil with garlic and tarragon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and cream into thick paste. If necessary, add a little stock to make smooth.
- Whisk flour mixture into stock and broil gently for 3-4 minutes, until the soup thickens.
- Add the mushrooms and liquid and chicken.
- Simmer gently approximately 10 minutes to combine flavors.