From Germaine Latonis' recipe collection
- 2 1/2 lb chicken cut up
- cooking oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- a few shakes of salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 16 oz can tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- Preheat electric skilled to 340.
- Heat oil and brown chicken. Remove.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 30 minutes or until chicken is tender (turning chicken occasionally).